Suffering from Neck Hernia? Our Minimally Invasive Treatments Can Help
I am a brain surgeon at Medicana Health Group, therefore I am aware of the value of neck hernia therapies that work. Neck hernias, sometimes referred to as cervical hernias, develop when pressure is placed on the neck's nerves by a bulging or protrusion of the spinal disc. Significant pain, discomfort, and limited movement may result from this. At Medicana, we provide a variety of therapies to aid in the management and recovery of this illness for our patients.
• Conservative Treatment: In many situations, conservative treatment options may be enough to alleviate a neck hernia's symptoms. Rest, physical therapy, painkillers, and the use of a cervical collar to support the neck can all be part of this.
• Epidural Steroid Injections: To reduce inflammation and relieve pain, physicians may suggest epidural steroid injections if conservative treatment is ineffective. A corticosteroid is injected during this minimally invasive procedure into the area surrounding the spinal cord in the neck.
• Minimally Invasive Surgical: We provide minimally invasive surgery options including microdiscectomy and endoscopic discectomy for patients with more severe or enduring symptoms. In order to relieve pressure on the afflicted nerves, these treatments entail removing the herniated section of the spinal disc through a tiny incision.
• Traditional Open Surgery: To treat a neck hernia, open surgery may occasionally be required. If the spinal cord is under a lot of pressure, there are several herniated discs, or other surgical procedures have failed, this may be advised. Our group of exceptionally talented surgeons performs these procedures in a secure and efficient manner using the most recent methods and tools.
• Rehabilitation and follow-up care: Following neck hernia surgery or other neck hernia treatment, our team offers rehabilitation and follow-up care to make sure our patients can heal properly and safely. Physical therapy, pain management, and continual observation to guarantee the condition does not return can all be a part of this.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
I am pleased to offer minimally invasive surgery methods to our patients as a brain surgeon at Medicana Health Group. This state-of-the-art kind of surgery has changed the industry by enabling us to carry out difficult operations through fewer incisions and with quicker recoveries.
In minimally invasive surgery, the damaged part of the body is operated on using a laparoscope, a tiny camera, and other specialized tools. The camera offers a high-resolution picture of the surgical site, enabling the doctor to precisely inspect and manipulate tissue. The laparoscope and other tools are inserted through tiny skin incisions made by the surgeon.
Laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, and endoscopic surgery are a few examples of minimally invasive procedures. The most popular method of surgery, laparoscopic surgery, is utilized for a variety of operations. Robotic surgery is a form of laparoscopic surgery in which the surgical tools are operated on by a robotic system. An endoscope, a flexible tube with a camera and other tools attached, is used during endoscopic surgery as a minimally invasive procedure.
Due to its many advantages, minimally invasive surgery has grown in popularity in recent years. Compared to individuals who have open surgery, patients who have minimally invasive surgery often suffer less pain, leave less scars, and heal faster. Additionally, patients can frequently resume their regular activities sooner than those who have had open surgery due to the lessened physical damage.
We at Medicana Health Group are aware of the negative effects neck hernias can have on the quality of life of our patients. Our team of experts is committed to offering our patients individualized, successful treatment choices to help them regain their mobility, relieve their pain, and enhance their general well-being.
Don't wait to seek treatment if you have been diagnosed with a neck hernia or are currently experiencing its symptoms. At Medicana Health Group, we have a staff of skilled brain surgeons that are here to provide you with relief and help you regain your quality of life. Call us at +90 850 4601010 to set up a consultation or to learn more about our neck hernia treatments, or send us an email at [email protected].