The General Surgery Department of Medicana Hospitals provides a wide range of services for the evaluation and management of various disorders. Our team of skilled surgeons is prepared to offer the greatest standard of care, utilizing the most recent methods and tools to produce the best results for our patients.
Our offerings consist of:
Abdominal Surgery: At Medicana Hospitals, abdominal surgery entails the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, and appendix. Our team of skilled surgeons is prepared to offer the greatest standard of care, utilizing the most recent methods and tools to produce the best results for our patients.
The following are a few of the frequent procedures the abdominal surgery department performs:
Surgery to strengthen a weak spot in the abdominal wall that causes organs or tissues to protrude through is known as hernia repair.
- Gallbladder surgery: The removal of the gallbladder, which may be required if the patient has gallstones or other issues relating to the gallbladder.
- Diverticulitis surgery: If a patient has the chronic ailment diverticulitis, surgery is performed to remove a portion of the colon.
- Surgery for gastrointestinal cancer: Removal of tumors or malignant growths in the intestines or stomach.
- Bariatric surgery: Patients who need to lose weight may benefit from procedures like sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass.
Our surgeons have a proven track record of success and have a wealth of experience performing these operations. In order to guarantee that patients receive the finest care possible, we also offer a multidisciplinary approach, which means that our patients are accompanied by a team of specialists, including anesthesiologists, nurses, and dietitians.
- Endocrine Surgery: Endocrine surgery is used at Medicana Hospitals to identify and treat diseases that affect the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and pancreatic endocrine glands. Hormones produced by these glands control a variety of body processes, including as metabolism, growth, and development.
Our team of skilled surgeons is prepared to offer the greatest standard of care, utilizing the most recent methods and tools to produce the best results for our patients. The following are a some of the frequent procedures our Endocrine Surgery Department regularly performs:
- Thyroid surgery: Located at the front of the neck, the thyroid gland creates hormones that control metabolism. Surgery to remove all or a portion of the thyroid gland is referred to as a thyroidectomy. If the patient has a thyroid nodule, thyroid cancer, or other thyroid-related issues, this can be required.
- Parathyroid surgery: The parathyroid glands, which are situated in the neck next to the thyroid gland and are responsible for producing hormones that control blood calcium levels, must be removed. The removal of one or more parathyroid glands is accomplished through parathyroid surgery, commonly referred to as parathyroidectomy. If the patient has a parathyroid tumor or hyperparathyroidism, this can be required.
- Adrenal surgery: The adrenal glands, which are situated above each kidney, are responsible for producing hormones that control the body's reaction to stress, blood pressure, and other processes. Surgery to remove all or a portion of the adrenal gland is referred to as an adrenalectomy. If the patient has an adrenal tumor or other issues relating to the adrenals, this might be required.
- Pancreatic surgery: The pancreas, which is situated behind the stomach and makes enzymes that aid in food digestion as well as hormones that control blood sugar levels, is a vital organ. A pancreatectomy, sometimes referred to as pancreatic surgery, removes all or part of the pancreas. If the patient has a pancreatic tumor or other issues relating to the pancreas, this can be required.
- Breast Surgery: For the diagnosis and treatment of breast illnesses, Medicana Hospitals' Breast Surgery Department provides a wide range of treatments. Breast cancer surgery, including breast-conserving surgery, mastectomy, and reconstruction options such breast implants and flap reconstruction, is a specialty of our team of highly skilled and experienced doctors. For individuals who want to enhance the appearance of their breasts, we also provide breast reduction and breast lift procedures. To achieve the greatest results for our patients, our department makes use of the newest tools and methods. We also offer thorough pre- and post-operative care, as well as counseling and support services. Patients can take advantage of our 30 years of knowledge, extensive hospital network, and international accreditations by choosing Medicana Hospitals for breast surgery. Patients and our team of professionals collaborate together to make sure they get the best possible care.
Among the many services provided by Medicana Hospitals' Breast Surgery Department are the following:
- Breast Cancer Surgery: Breast-conserving surgery (lumpectomy) and mastectomy are among the surgical treatments for breast cancer that our team of highly skilled and experienced surgeons specializes in (removal of the entire breast). Additionally, when necessary, we offer chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and postoperative radiation therapy.
- Breast Reconstruction: For patients who have undergone mastectomy, we provide a range of reconstruction alternatives, such as breast implants, autologous reconstruction (using the patient's own tissue), and nipple-sparing mastectomy.
- Breast Reduction: For patients with enormous, heavy breasts that are physically uncomfortable or painful, we offer breast reduction surgery.
- Breast Lift: To lift and contour sagging breasts, our doctors also conduct breast lift surgery.
- Benign Breast Illness: In addition to identifying and treating fibroadenomas, cysts, and other benign breast abnormalities, our team also diagnoses and treats benign breast disease.
Comprehensive pre- and post-operative care, including counseling and support services are all things we offer.
Colorectal Surgery: The Medicana Hospitals' Colorectal Surgery Department provides a wide range of services, such as:
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery: Bowel resection, colectomy, and proctectomy are among the surgical procedures used to treat colorectal cancer by our team of highly skilled and experienced surgeons. When necessary, we also offer chemotherapy and radiation therapy after surgery.
- Surgical treatment for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): We provide intestinal resection, strictureplasty, and ileoanal pouch surgery for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis patients.
Hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and rectal prolapse are among the surgical procedures that our doctors also conduct.
- Pelvic Floor Surgery: We provide surgery for fecal incontinence, rectocele, and enterocele.
Comprehensive pre- and post-operative care, including counseling and support services are all things we offer.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery: For the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and problems affecting the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, and rectum, Medicana Hospitals' gastrointestinal surgery department provides a comprehensive range of treatments. The department is staffed with skilled surgeons with a focus on minimally invasive procedures including robotic and laparoscopic surgery, which can lead to less discomfort, quicker healing times, and smaller incisions.
Esophageal surgery is one of the procedures provided, and it is used to treat diseases like acid reflux, hiatal hernias, and esophageal cancer. Fundoplication, which tightens the valve between the esophagus and stomach to stop acid reflux, and esophagectomy, which includes the removal of all or a portion of the esophagus, are two procedures that may be used.
- Gastric surgery: This kind of procedure is used to address obesity and problems like stomach cancer and gastric ulcers. A gastrectomy, which includes removing all or a portion of the stomach, and a gastric bypass, which entails rerouting the digestive system to shrink the stomach and encourage weight loss, are two procedures that may be used.
- Hepatobiliary Surgery: Conditions affecting the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts such as liver cancer, gallstones, and bile duct cancer are treated with this type of surgery. A liver resection, in which the liver is partially or completely removed, and a cholecystectomy, in which the gallbladder is removed, are examples of procedures.
- Pancreatic Surgery: The pancreas can be operated on to treat problems like pancreatic cancer, pancreatitis, and cysts. Distal pancreatectomy, which involves removing the pancreas' tail, and pancreatectomy, which involves removing all or a portion of the pancreas, are two possible procedures.
- Anorectal surgery: Hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and anal cancer are among the problems that can be treated with this kind of surgery. Hemorrhoidectomy, which involves removing the hemorrhoids, and sphincterotomy, which entails severing the sphincter muscle to reduce pain and enhance bowel control, are two procedures that may be used.
- Trauma and Critical Care Surgery: The Trauma and Critical Care Surgery division of Medicana Hospitals provides a variety of services for patients who have sustained severe wounds or have life-threatening illnesses. Our medical staff and team of skilled surgeons are experts at offering cutting-edge care to patients who have suffered injuries to the head, neck, spine, chest, abdomen, and limbs.
- Trauma Surgery: Our surgeons have the training and experience necessary to treat patients who have sustained traumatic injuries such fractures, dislocations, and soft tissue injuries. In order to treat injuries and aid patients in recovering as quickly and completely as possible, we use the most up-to-date methods and tools.
- Acute Care Surgery: For patients who are extremely ill or have sustained severe traumas, we also provide acute care surgery. To deliver the best care and guarantee that patients get the right therapy as soon as possible, our staff closely collaborates with other medical specialists.
- Critical Treatment Surgery: Patients who are critically ill and need specialist care are treated by our critical care surgeons, who specialize in this field. To give patients with severe injuries or life-threatening disorders the best care possible, we employ cutting-edge methods and tools.
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit: Our surgical intensive care unit (ICU) is manned by a group of critically ill patients who require round-the-clock care from a team of highly skilled critical care surgeons and nurses.
- Burn Care: Surgeons and nurses with extensive experience in treating burn victims work in our burn care unit. To give burn victims the greatest care and aid in their quickest and fullest recovery, we employ cutting-edge methods and tools.
- Surgical Oncology: The department of surgical oncology at Medicana Hospitals is dedicated to the surgical management of cancer. Each patient receives specialized care from our team of surgeons who are highly trained and experienced using the most recent methods and tools. Our offerings consist of:
- Biopsy and tumor resection: Depending on the patient's requirements, we conduct diagnostic biopsies and remove tumors via minimally invasive or conventional surgical procedures.
- Cancer staging and treatment planning: Our team of specialists will meticulously stage the disease and create a treatment strategy that is suited to the needs and objectives of the patient.
- Multidisciplinary care: To provide thorough and coordinated care for each patient, our surgical oncology department collaborates closely with other specialists like medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and pathologists.
- Robotic surgery: We execute complex surgeries with precision and little invasiveness using cutting-edge robotic technology, which helps patients recover more quickly and with less discomfort.
- Palliative care: We are aware that dealing with cancer may be a trying and trying time for individuals and their families. For patients with advanced cancer, we provide palliative care treatments to help with symptom relief and enhance quality of life.
- Vascular Surgery: The Vascular Surgery Department of Medicana Hospitals focuses on the identification, therapy, and management of conditions affecting the arteries, veins, and other blood vessels. In order to give our patients the finest care possible, our team of competent surgeons utilizes both open and minimally invasive techniques and the most recent technologies.
Our services include the following:
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair: We provide surgical treatment for aortic aneurysms, which develop when the aorta, a major blood artery that delivers blood from the heart to the rest of the body, weakens and bulges.
- Carotid Endarterectomy: This operation removes plaque buildup in the carotid arteries, which if unchecked, can result in a stroke.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease: We offer surgical care for this disorder, which develops when the blood arteries supplying the legs constrict or get obstructed.
- Varicose Veins: We provide minimally invasive surgical procedures to address these ugly and unpleasant big, bulging, and frequently twisted veins.
- Dialysis Access: We offer surgical techniques to allow patients with chronic renal disease access to dialysis.
- Bariatric Surgery: Weight reduction surgery, commonly referred to as obesity surgery, is a specialty of the bariatric surgery department at Medicana Hospitals. This kind of surgery is intended to assist those who are severely overweight and have failed to lose weight using conventional techniques, such diet and exercise. The team of highly qualified and experienced surgeons at Medicana Hospitals offers patients secure and efficient weight loss treatments using the most recent techniques and technologies.
The department provides a variety of choices for bariatric surgery, including:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass: This technique reduces the amount of food that may be consumed and limits calorie absorption by constructing a small stomach pouch and rerouting the small intestine to attach to it.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: In this treatment, a significant section of the stomach is removed, leaving a stomach in the shape of a sleeve. As a result, there is a decrease in the amount of food that may be consumed and ghrelin production is constrained.
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding: This operation involves encircling the upper stomach with an adjustable band to form a little stomach pouch. To lose the necessary amount of weight, the band can be changed.
- Bariatric revision surgery: Patients who have previously undergone weight reduction surgery who are now experiencing weight return or other issues undergo this treatment.
Please contact us at +90 850 4601010 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns concerning general surgery or any of the services we provide. We are delighted to give you additional details about our services and how we can support you in achieving your health objectives since we are here to help.