The surgical treatment of brain tumors, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, as well as many other disorders affecting the brain and nervous system, is one of our neurosurgery services. Additionally, we provide specialist services such functional neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgery, and cerebrovascular surgery.
Our cutting-edge facilities and cutting-edge technology enable us to offer our patients the most cutting-edge and efficient treatments possible. We are dedicated to giving our patients the best care available and assuring the best results.
Look no further than Medicana Hospitals for neurosurgery if you or a loved one is in need of it. For more information about our extensive neurosurgical services or to make an appointment with one of our skilled neurosurgeons, get in touch with us right away.
What are the subspecialties in Neurosurgery?
The subspecialties in the field of neurosurgery are numerous. The following are some of the most popular subspecialties:
- Spine surgery: This entails the surgical management of spinal disorders such scoliosis, spinal stenosis, and herniated discs. Pediatric neurosurgery is a specialization that focuses on surgically treating childhood neurological disorders.
- Cerebrovascular surgery: In this specialization, aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations are only a few of the disorders that can impact the blood vessels in the brain.
- Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery: This specialization deals with the treatment of conditions that impact the brain and nervous system as well as the treatment of conditions that influence brain function, such as movement disorders, epilepsy, and chronic pain.
- Oncological neurosurgery: Surgical removal of brain tumors and other cancers that damage the nervous system is the focus of this subspecialty.
- Skull base surgery: In this specialization, disorders including meningiomas and pituitary tumors that affect the base of the skull are surgically treated.
- Neurotrauma and critical care: This specialization concentrates on the surgical management of critically ill neurosurgical patients as well as the surgical treatment of traumatic lesions to the brain and spinal cord.
At Medicana Hospitals, our spine surgery services are created to offer the best possible care and treatment for a variety of spinal disorders. Our group of skilled neurosurgeons is skilled in treating a variety of particular conditions, including the following:
- Herniated discs: This condition happens when a portion of the nucleus pulposus, the rubbery substance that cushions the bones in the spine, bulges abnormally. Back discomfort, leg pain, and other symptoms from herniated discs may necessitate surgical repair.
- Spinal stenosis: When the area surrounding the spinal cord narrows, pressure is placed on the nerves, which results in pain and other symptoms. To release this pressure and address the symptoms, surgery may be required.
- Scoliosis is a condition that causes the spine to curve abnormally. More severe cases may benefit from surgery to straighten the spine and enhance posture and function, but milder cases may not need treatment.
At Medicana Hospitals, we employ the most cutting-edge methods and tools to guarantee the greatest results for our patients. To create a treatment strategy that is suited to your particular requirements and objectives, our staff will collaborate closely with you. Please contact us if you or a loved one requires spine surgery for additional details or to make an appointment with one of our skilled neurosurgeons.
We take great pride in providing children and teenagers with specialist pediatric neurosurgery services. Our team of expert neurosurgeons is committed to offering the best possible care and treatment for a variety of pediatric neurological diseases.
Our pediatric neurosurgeons are skilled in treating a variety of ailments, including:
- Brain tumors: Both benign and malignant tumors of the brain can develop in children. These tumors can be surgically removed by our specialists, and we can also offer any necessary post-operative treatment.
- Abnormalities of the spinal cord: Children may be born with spinal cord abnormalities, such as tethered cord syndrome, which can lead to issues with movement and feeling. Our staff is skilled in doing surgery to treat these anomalies and eliminate symptoms.
- Hydrocephalus: When cerebrospinal fluid builds up inside the brain, it can put pressure on the area and cause damage. Our team has experience reducing this pressure surgically and enhancing symptoms.
Our cerebrovascular surgeons have received training to treat a variety of disorders, including:
- Aneurysms: These are vulnerable spots in a blood vessel's wall that can swell and rupture, resulting in bleeding inside the brain. Our team has experience doing surgical aneurysm repair or removal to stop more bleeding and enhance results.
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs): These aberrant blood vessel clusters increase the risk of brain hemorrhage and can interfere with blood flow. Our staff is skilled in performing surgical AVM removal or repair to relieve symptoms and lower the chance of bleeding.
- Carotid artery stenosis: This condition is brought on by narrowing or blockage of the carotid arteries, which provide blood to the brain. Our team is adept at surgically resolving this issue in order to increase cerebral blood flow and lower the risk of stroke.
Functional neurosurgery with stereotactic surgery:
Our functional neurosurgeons are trained to treat a variety of diseases, including:
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a surgical procedure that involves implanting electrodes in the brain to stimulate particular regions and lessen the symptoms of illnesses including Parkinson's disease and essential tremor. To pinpoint the precise parts of the brain that need to be treated, the treatment combines electrical stimulation with brain imaging.
A neurosurgeon will perform the treatment and make a small incision in the skull to place one or more electrodes into the brain. A device known as a pulse generator is implanted under the skin in the chest or belly, and the electrodes are attached to it. The electrodes receive electrical impulses from the pulse generator, which stimulate particular parts of the brain to alleviate symptoms. DBS is frequently carried out as an outpatient procedure, necessitating no hospital stay. Within a few days of the treatment, the majority of patients are able to resume their regular activities.
Our team of neurosurgeons at Medicana Hospitals is committed to offering the best possible care and treatment for DBS and other functional neurosurgery treatments. Please get in touch with us if you or a loved one is interested in DBS for the treatment of a movement issue or another ailment to learn more and to make an appointment with one of our skilled neurosurgeons.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery: This minimally invasive procedure targets and eliminates aberrant brain cells, such as cancerous cells or cells responsible for seizures, using high-energy radiation. This method can be used by our team to treat a variety of diseases.
- Peripheral nerve surgery: This kind of procedure is used to treat problems like carpal tunnel syndrome and trigeminal neuralgia that affect the nerves that are not found in the brain and spinal cord. In order to relieve discomfort, our team is skilled at mending or removing damaged nerves. Movement disorders: Disorders in movement and coordination can be brought on by conditions like Parkinson's disease and essential tremor. Our group is adept in surgically implanting gadgets that can assist in controlling brain activity and easing movement problems.
- Epilepsy: This disorder is characterized by repeated seizures that can have an impact on mental health and general well-being. Our team is skilled in performing surgeries to disconnect or remove the parts of the brain that cause seizures, which can help control or end seizures.
- Chronic pain: Trigeminal neuralgia and complicated regional pain syndrome, among other conditions, can cause persistent, incapacitating pain. Devices that can help control pain signals and enhance quality of life can be surgically implanted thanks to the expertise of our team.
Among the particular services our oncological neurosurgeons offer are the following:
- Brain tumor surgery: Our staff has experience performing surgery to remove a variety of brain tumors, including gliomas, meningiomas, and pituitary tumors. To guarantee the greatest results for our patients, we employ the most cutting-edge methods and tools.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery: This minimally invasive procedure targets and eradicates cancer cells using high-energy radiation. This method is one that our staff is skilled at employing to treat brain tumors and other cancers that damage the nervous system.
- Postoperative care: Following surgery, our staff will collaborate with you to create a postoperative care plan that may include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other treatments as necessary. We are dedicated to giving our patients thorough treatment and securing the greatest results.
Skull base surgery:
Our skull base surgeons are trained to address a variety of particular problems, including the following:
- Meningiomas: These benign tumors develop on the tissues enclosing the brain and spinal cord. To relieve symptoms and stop the growth of meningiomas, our team is competent at performing surgical removal.
- Pituitary tumors: The pituitary gland, which is found near the base of the brain, can develop these tumors. These tumors may need surgical removal since they can interfere with hormone synthesis and create other symptoms.
These benign tumors called acoustic neuromas develop on the nerve that controls balance and hearing. In order to preserve hearing and relieve other symptoms, our team is proficient at surgically removing these tumors.
Neurotrauma and critical care:
Traumatic injuries to the brain and spinal cord are treated with the utmost care and dedication by our team of skilled neurosurgeons. Our neurotrauma team offers a variety of particular services, including:
- Skull fracture surgical repair: Our staff has experience using surgery to fix skull fractures that may have resulted from trauma, such as vehicle accidents or falls.
- Spinal injury surgery: Traumatic spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis and other symptoms. Our team is skilled at surgically repairing these wounds to improve symptoms and restore function.
- Controlling brain swelling: Traumatic brain injuries can result in life-threatening brain swelling. Our team is adept at applying a variety of treatments to lessen brain edema and stop further harm.
At Medicana Health Group, you'll receive the best neurosurgical care available. The greatest outcomes for our patients are ensured by the state-of-the-art technology and highly qualified neurosurgeons working in our cutting-edge hospitals. Our neurosurgery departments provide a wide range of procedures to satisfy your needs, from spinal surgery to the removal of brain tumors. Don't put off scheduling an appointment; take charge of your health right away. To arrange your consultation, call us at +90 850 460 1010 or send an email to [email protected].