Pediatric surgery is one of the many medical treatments provided by the highly regarded international healthcare provider Medicana Health Group. With more than 30 years of expertise in the healthcare sector, Medicana Health Group has built a solid reputation for offering patients from all over the world top-notch care. The hospital network has several locations across Turkey, so patients from other countries can select the one that is most convenient for them. The fact that Medicana Health Group is moreover internationally accredited is proof of the excellent caliber of care it offers.
Medicana Health Group is a top option for overseas patients in need of pediatric surgery. The hospital's extensive network and worldwide accreditations guarantee that you will receive the greatest standard of treatment, and the team of skilled pediatric surgeons and support personnel is committed to giving their patients the finest care possible.
What Conditions Does the Pediatric Surgery Unit Treat?
The pediatric surgery unit has a broad scope of responsibilities as it deals with diseases that necessitate surgical intervention. Furthermore, this unit often collaborates with other healthcare departments due to its comprehensive coverage of various medical conditions. The conditions encompassed by this unit can be categorized as follows:
Pediatric Respiratory System Diseases:
Childhood encompasses a variety of respiratory system diseases. These include procedures such as the removal of foreign objects from the trachea, the treatment of tracheal disorders, management of lung infections, addressing lung diseases, and handling chest cage abnormalities.
Head and Neck Surgery:
Children may sometimes present congenital or acquired cysts or sinuses in the head and neck region. The pediatric surgery unit provides expert treatment for such conditions.
Pediatric Digestive System Diseases:
Digestive disorders are commonly encountered in childhood and may require surgical intervention. These diseases encompass conditions like gastric stenosis, small intestine obstructions, inflammatory bowel diseases, management of anal fistulas or fissures, treatment of umbilical and inguinal hernias, addressing hemorrhoids, ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux, management of liver cysts, as well as the treatment of piles (hemorrhoids) and polyp tumors.
Pediatric Endocrine Diseases:
Hormonal irregularities in children can lead to various medical conditions. The pediatric surgery unit provides the necessary surgical intervention for diseases affecting the pancreas, thyroid gland, and adrenal glands.
Childhood Cancer Diseases:
Cancer affects various age groups, including children. The pediatric surgery unit is responsible for the treatment of tumors such as soft tissue, lung, testicular, ovarian, lymph node, kidney, and liver tumors that manifest during childhood. An interdisciplinary approach is adopted to ensure comprehensive treatment and the patient's successful recovery.
In addition to the above, the pediatric surgery unit also manages conditions such as:
- Abnormalities in urination, either above or below the penis.
- Undescended testicles, where one or both testicles fail to descend into the scrotum.
- Post-circumcision adhesions.
- Abdominal pain, including cases of appendicitis.
- Inflammatory conditions in the abdominal region.
- Correction of chest deformities.
- Treatment of birth injuries.
- Surgical interventions for various types of trauma, including injuries from sharp objects, firearms, traffic accidents, falls, and injuries resulting from blunt force to body tissues.
- Correction of tongue tie.
- Management of constipation.
- Treatment of goiter.
- Surgical repair of hernias.
- Management of umbilical discharge.
- Treatment of anal bleeding and the presence of blood in stools.
- Correction of spinal deformities.
- Addressing neck swellings and curvatures.
- Conducting endoscopic procedures.
- Organ transplantation, including transplantation procedures