Our thoracic surgery departments at Medicana Health Group are staffed by highly qualified and experienced surgeons who are committed to offering top-notch care for a variety of disorders involving the chest and respiratory system. Our team of specialists is prepared to diagnose and treat a wide range of problems using the most recent surgical methods and technology, from mediastinal tumors and thoracic outlet syndrome to lung cancer and esophageal issues to mediastinal tumors.
As a preeminent healthcare organization, Medicana is dedicated to offering each of our patients the best possible medical care. Our hospitals have state-of-the-art amenities and some of the greatest medical staff in the nation working there. For our international patients, tourists, and expats, we work to make the procedure as simple and comfortable as possible because we realize that seeking medical care overseas may be a frightening experience.
We are conveniently accessible and offer a comprehensive variety of medical services, such as diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing, and medication management, thanks to our extensive network of hospitals across Turkey. We also provide a variety of cozy, private rooms and facilities to make your stay more pleasant and conducive to healing.
Our thoracic surgeons are skilled in a variety of operations:
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS): This minimally invasive surgical approach allows access to the lungs and other structures in the chest through tiny incisions using a small camera and specialized instruments. Over conventional open thoracic surgery, VATS has a number of advantages, including less pain, fewer problems, and a quicker recovery. Lung cancer, emphysema, pleural effusion, and other lung illnesses are among the conditions that are frequently diagnosed and treated with VATS.
- Lobectomy: This treatment entails the removal of a lung lobe. When treating lung cancer or other lung conditions that are limited to one lobe of the lung, a lobectomy is frequently required. Either a VATS surgery or a conventional open thoracic incision might be used to carry out the procedure.
- A lung is completely removed during a pneumonectomy. When a lung condition or cancer has spread widely throughout the lung and cannot be treated with a lobectomy, a pneumonectomy is typically required.
- Mediastinoscopy: In this procedure, the mediastinum, or space between the lungs, is accessed using a small camera and specialized tools. Lung cancer, sarcoidosis, and other mediastinal disorders are among the conditions that a mediastinoscopy is used to diagnose and treat. A tiny incision in the neck or chest is used to accomplish the surgery.
- Thoracotomy: This technique includes cutting a hole in the chest to provide access to the lungs and other thoracic cavity components. Lung cancer, pleural effusion, and other significant lung disorders are frequently identified and treated with a thoracotomy. Either a VATS surgery or a conventional open thoracic incision might be used to carry out the procedure.
- Thoracic Outlet Decompression: The symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome, a disorder brought on by compression of the nerves and blood vessels in the thoracic outlet, are relieved by this treatment. The arms and hands may experience pain, numbness, and weakness as a result of thoracic outlet syndrome. To release this compression and alleviate symptoms, thoracic outlet decompression is carried out.
Due to Medicana's dedication to offering the best possible patient care, foreign patients, visitors, and expatriates in Turkey should select the hospital group for their thoracic surgery needs. Modern medical technology is available at the hospitals, and teams for thoracic surgery are made up of highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons and support personnel. Additionally, the hospitals provide a variety of services aimed at making the stay of foreign patients as comfortable and convenient as possible, such as language assistance, transportation support, and assistance with travel and lodging plans.
Please get in touch with us at [email protected] or by phone at +90 850 4601010 for more details about the Thoracic Surgery departments at Medicana.