Our extensive urology divisions at Medicana Health Group are committed to giving our patients the best possible care. Our skilled urologists are experts at identifying and treating diseases of the male reproductive system as well as the bladder, ureters, kidney, and urethra.
We are able to offer the most cutting-edge and successful treatments accessible because to our cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities. Our team of professionals is available to assist you whether you need care for a straightforward ailment like urinary incontinence or an enlarged prostate or a more complicated one like kidney stones or bladder cancer.
A number of urological problems can be identified and treated by the urology departments at Medicana Health Group facilities. A list of some of the services we provide to our patients is provided below:
1. Diagnostic services
Our urologists at Medicana Health Group's urology departments use the most up-to-date diagnostic methods to precisely detect a range of disorders relating to the male reproductive system and urinary system. Our urology departments provide a variety of diagnostic services, including:
- Physical examination: A complete physical examination together with a detailed medical history is performed to identify the underlying cause of a patient's symptoms.
- Laboratory tests: Urologists may employ laboratory tests to identify illnesses such urinary tract infections, STDs, and problems with the prostate.
- Imaging tests: To acquire a close-up picture of the male reproductive system and urinary system, our urologists may employ imaging tests like ultrasound, CT scans, and MRI.
- Urodynamic tests: A series of tests used to assess the bladder's and the urinary system's performance. Testing like this can aid in the diagnosis of diseases like overactive bladder, urine retention, and incontinence. Tests can assess the bladder's nerve and muscular control as well as the pressure and flow of the pee.
- Biopsy: During a biopsy, a small sample of tissue from the urinary system is removed and examined under a microscope. This examination can aid in the diagnosis of illnesses like kidney tumors, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer. Under local anesthesia, the biopsy sample can be obtained either manually or by a cystoscopy procedure.
The urology departments of Medicana Health Group are equipped to offer patients precise and prompt diagnoses, which are crucial for efficient treatment and recovery. These departments also have access to the most up-to-date diagnostic tools.
2. Treatment of Urological Conditions
For a variety of urological diseases, we provide a wide range of therapies at our urology units, including:
A. Medical Management
In order to treat urological disorders, medical management refers to the use of drugs and other non-invasive methods. Our highly trained urologists at Medicana Health Group's urology departments use the newest medical technologies to provide safe and efficient medical therapy for a variety of urological problems. Some of the treatments available are:
- Prescription drugs: Our urologists may recommend prescription drugs to treat urine incontinence, overactive bladder, and prostate issues, among other disorders.
- Bladder Retraining: This behavioral therapy aims to retrain the bladder to hold more urine and lessen the number of times you need to use the restroom.
- Neuromodulation: This minimally invasive technique improves bladder function and reduces urine incontinence through electrical stimulation.
- Infusion Therapy: This procedure includes injecting a drug into the bladder to aid with the symptoms of urine incontinence and hyperactive bladder.
- Lifestyle Adjustments: To treat urological issues, our urologists may also advise making lifestyle changes, such as altering one's hydration and dietary habits, losing weight, and engaging the pelvic floor muscles.
Endourology is a subspecialty of urology that concentrates on endoscopic minimally invasive treatment of urological problems. Instead of doing open surgery, endourology uses specialized tools and technologies to identify and treat urologic problems through tiny incisions or openings in the body that occur naturally, like the urethra.
Our endourology specialists at Medicana's Urology departments are highly skilled and experienced in carrying out a variety of endoscopic treatments, such as:
- Ureteroscopy: An endourologic procedure used to identify and treat ureteral and bladder problems.
Large kidney stones can be treated with the minimally invasive treatment known as percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is treated using holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP), a minimally invasive technique (BPH).
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP): This minimally invasive technique is used to treat prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
An Endourologic procedure for treating urethral obstructions or narrowings known as urethral stricture therapy.
Each patient receives individualized care from our endourology specialists that is tailored to their specific requirements and current state of health. We are able to provide patients effective, minimally invasive therapies that have better outcomes, less pain, and shorter recovery times by applying the most recent endourologic procedures and technologies.
C. Reconstructive Urology
Congenital or acquired urologic defects and injuries are surgically corrected in reconstructive urology, a specialization of urology. Our qualified and experienced urologists provide thorough reconstructive urologic surgeries at Medicana Health Group's urology divisions to restore normal urologic function, enhance quality of life, and prevent or cure related medical disorders.
At our urology units, we provide reconstructive urologic surgeries like:
- Urethroplasty: In this surgery, the urethra—the tube that conducts pee from the bladder to the outside of the body—is repaired or rebuilt. Treatment for ailments such urethral strictures, incontinence, and urethral injuries frequently involves urethroplasty.
- Pyeloplasty: Pyeloplasty is a surgical treatment used to address ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) blockage, a congenital disease. This disorder develops when the ureter, which transports urine from the kidney to the bladder, becomes blocked close to the kidney, potentially causing renal damage due to the buildup of urine.
- Bladder Reconstruction: A damaged or atypical bladder may be repaired, or a new bladder may be created using tissue from another area of the body. Treatments for bladder exstrophy, neurogenic bladder, and bladder cancer frequently involve this operation.
- Renal Transplantation: Renal transplantation is a surgical operation in which a recipient is given a donor kidney that is in good health. The technique is used to treat kidney failure, also known as end-stage renal disease, in which the kidneys are no longer capable to performing their normal functions.
- Male Genital Reconstruction: A reconstructive urologic operation used to treat congenital or acquired defects of the male genitalia is known as male genital reconstruction. This could involve operations like scrotal reconstruction, penile reconstruction, and hypospadias correction.
D. Laparoscopic Urology
A laparoscope, a short tube containing a camera and light source, is used to view and treat urological disorders during laparoscopic urology, a form of minimally invasive surgical procedure. Compared to conventional open operations, this method has less scars, smaller incisions, less pain, and faster recovery times.
Laparoscopic urology operations are available at the Urology units of Medicana Health Group. These include laparoscopic pyeloplasty, laparoscopic nephrectomy, laparoscopic adrenalectomy, and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy. Our urologists are committed to giving their patients the finest standard of treatment and have a great deal of experience treating a variety of urological diseases laparoscopically.
We make sure that our patients receive the best care for their urological issues by integrating cutting-edge technology with the knowledge of our urologists. Whether you're a local patient, an international patient, a tourist, or an expat in Turkey, you can rely on our urology units to provide you with the best care possible and a tailored course of treatment.
Robotic surgery, a subset of minimally invasive surgery, makes use of cutting-edge technology to enhance control, dexterity, and precision while performing treatments. Robotics are utilized in urology for a wide range of operations, including the treatment of diseases like prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and bladder cancer.
- Precision: Robotics in urology can perform extremely accurate motions, which is one of its main advantages. Greater control and accuracy during surgical procedures are made possible by the use of robotics technology, which can reduce the risk of complications and improve outcomes.
- Dexterity: Robotics in urology also enhances surgical dexterity. Surgeons can access hard-to-reach places with more ease and accuracy when using robotic arms. As a result, patients may receive more effective therapies and recover more quickly.
- Control: During surgeries, robotics in urology also gives the physician more control. With the use of cutting-edge technology, surgeons may see the surgical field in real-time, enabling them to make better decisions and modify their approaches as necessary while doing the treatment.
- Less Invasiveness: Robotics in urology can also assist make some operations less invasive. Less invasive procedures and smaller incisions allow for quicker healing and a lower risk of problems for patients.
- Improved Results: Last but not least, robotics in urology has been demonstrated to improve results for patients. Patients can get better results and recover faster by allowing for greater precision, dexterity, and control during procedures.
Our urology departments at Medicana Health Group use the most advanced robotics technology to give patients the best possible care. Our team of skilled urologists and support personnel is dedicated to assisting patients in receiving the greatest results from their operations.
3. Minimally Invasive Procedures
The term "minimally invasive procedures" refers to surgical methods that are intended to limit incision sizes, lessen tissue damage, and hasten healing. We provide a wide range of minimally invasive procedures at our urology units to address different urological diseases, such as:
- Endoscopic procedures - During these procedures, specialized tools and a tiny camera known as an endoscope are used to view the interior of the body. Compared to open surgery, these techniques are less intrusive and carry a lower risk of consequences. Examples of endoscopic procedures include percutaneous nephrolithotomy, cystoscopy, and ureteroscopy.
- Laparoscopic procedures - Specialized instruments are used to perform laparoscopic procedures through small incisions. They need shorter recovery time, are less painful, and leave less scars than typical open surgery. Laparoscopic nephrectomy and laparoscopic pyeloplasty are two instances of laparoscopic operations.
Robotic surgery is a form of minimally invasive surgery that makes use of a robotic device to carry out difficult procedures with more accuracy and precision. Modern robotic devices, including the Da Vinci surgical system, are available in our urology facilities to perform treatments like robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy and robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy.
Our urologists are highly skilled and experienced in carrying out minimally invasive procedures at our urology departments. To guarantee that patients receive the greatest care and the best results, they collaborate closely with other specialists and support workers.
4. Kidney and Bladder Cancer Treatment
The Medicana Health Group's urology departments are set up to treat patients with kidney and bladder cancer, two of the most prevalent types of urologic cancer, at the highest level possible. To correctly identify and stage these tumors, our group of skilled urologists uses the most recent diagnostic methods, such as imaging tests, biopsies, and endoscopic procedures. Our doctors create a personalized treatment plan based on the findings of these tests, which may combine medicinal, surgical, and minimally invasive procedures.
To stop the growth and spread of the cancer, doctors may utilize drugs like chemotherapy and immunotherapy in the medical management of kidney and bladder cancer. Our urology units offer a variety of minimally invasive methods, such as laparoscopic and robotic surgeries, for patients who need surgery. These procedures include smaller incisions, less pain, and quicker recovery times than conventional open surgeries. Following cancer treatment, our urologists also carry out reconstructive urology treatments like bladder reconstruction to help the bladder and urinary tract function normally once again.
At Medicana Health Group, we are dedicated to giving patients the best care and support possible as they battle cancer. For patients with kidney and bladder cancer, our urology units provide comprehensive and individualized care, including routine monitoring and follow-up visits to make sure the cancer is under control and to find and treat any potential recurrence.
5. Urinary Incontinence Treatment
The involuntary loss of urine is a common symptom of urinary incontinence. Numerous things, such as weak pelvic muscles, nerve injury, and particular medical disorders, can contribute to it. We provide thorough treatments for urine incontinence at our urology units that aim to give patients back control over their bladders and enhance their quality of life. Each patient receives a customized treatment plan from our team of professionals that takes into account their unique needs and objectives.
We provide a variety of treatments for urinary incontinence, including the following:
- Medication: To relax the bladder and lessen frequent and urgent urination, we may prescribe medication.
- Kegel exercises: Also referred to as pelvic floor exercises, these can assist to build up the muscles that support the bladder and enhance bladder control.
- Bladder retraining: This technique aims to reestablish bladder control by progressively extending the intervals between bathroom visits and decreasing the frequency of daily trips.
- Biofeedback: This method teaches patients how to control their bladder muscles by using specialized sensors and equipment.
- Surgery: To address the underlying cause of urine incontinence, surgery may occasionally be required. Our physicians have received extensive training in robotics and minimally invasive techniques, which can speed up healing and lessen scarring.
Our urology units can assist if you are having urinary incontinence problems. To help you restore bladder control and enhance your quality of life, our team of specialists is committed to you the best care and most cutting-edge procedures.
6. Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Inability to obtain or sustain an erection during sexual activity is the hallmark of erectile dysfunction (ED), a frequent ailment in males. At Medicana Health Group, we provide thorough and efficient ED treatment solutions through our urology departments.
Our urologists have extensive training and experience in the most recent ED procedures and treatments, such as:
- Medications: Sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra) pills are frequently used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). These drugs act by boosting blood flow to the penis, which causes an erection.
- Vacuum Erection Devices (VED): A VED is an over-the-penis plastic cylinder that employs suction to produce an erection. For men who are unable to take oral drugs or who have other medical issues that make their use contraindicated, this is a non-invasive and effective alternative.
- Intraurethral Suppositories: An erection is produced by inserting a small pellet of medication into the urethra, which in turn stimulates blood flow to the penis.
- Penile Injections: To induce an erection, medication is directly administered into the penis.
- Penile Implants: One surgical treatment for ED is a penile implant. This entails surgically inserting an inflated or semi-rigid device to enable an erection inside the penis.
At Medicana, we are aware of the negative effects ED may have on a man's life and strive to offer the most efficient and individualized course of treatment for every patient. Contact us to arrange a consultation with one of our urologists if you have ED.
7. Male Infertility Treatment
Male infertility is a widespread issue that affects a large percentage of guys. Hormonal dysregulation, structural issues, and environmental influences are just a few of the causes. The Urology departments at Medicana Health Group are manned by highly qualified specialists and furnished with the most recent medical equipment to offer comprehensive therapy for male infertility.
In our urology departments, a thorough assessment is performed to identify the underlying reason of infertility and choose the most appropriate course of action. Laboratory testing and diagnostic techniques such semen analysis, scrotal ultrasonography, and hormone profiles are conducted after a complete medical history and physical examination.
Our specialists create a treatment plan that is specifically suited to each patient's needs based on the findings of these evaluations. Male infertility is frequently treated with medicine to increase sperm quantity and quality, surgery to rectify structural issues, and assisted reproductive technologies like in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Our urology departments at Medicana Health Group are staffed by knowledgeable and sympathetic doctors who are committed to giving our patients the best possible care and assistance. We are dedicated to assisting our patients in achieving their goal of beginning a family because we are aware of the mental and physical difficulties that come with infertility.
Among the many services that our urology departments provide, these are just a few instances. We are committed to offering our patients the greatest standard of care, and our team of skilled urologists works directly with each patient to build a customized treatment plan that addresses their unique requirements.
Why choose Medicana Health Group for Urology Departments?
Due to our: Medicana Health Group's urology departments are a popular choice among foreign patients, travelers, and expatriates in Turkey because of our:
- Highly Skilled and Experienced Urologists: Our urologists are among the most skilled and experienced in the profession, and they are committed to giving our patients the best care possible.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Our urology departments are outfitted with the newest tools and methods, ensuring that patients receive accurate diagnosis and successful treatments.
- Comprehensive Care: Our urology departments offer a broad range of services to satisfy the needs of our patients, from consultation and diagnosis to treatment and follow-up care.
- Personalized Approach: Our urologists take the time to comprehend the particular requirements and objectives of each patient, then collaborate with them to create a treatment strategy that is specifically tailored to fulfill those requirements.
- Convenient Location: Due to our hospitals' prime locations in Turkey's largest cities, foreign patients, visitors, and expatriates may easily reach our urology departments and get the treatment they require.
Look no further than Medicana Health Group if you're seeking for a hospital that is dedicated to provide top-notch urological care. To assist you in achieving your health objectives, contact our team of professionals. For more information about our laparoscopic urology services and to schedule a consultation, please contact us at [email protected] or by phone at +90 850 460 1010.